Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Once Upon A Math Problem

Once upon a math problem I wrote the numbers 5, 11, 14, 16, 13, 10 on paper and they immediately sang to me. I don't know if it's the way I read them or what my mind had going on, but one thing's for sure: I got a poem out of it.

5, 11, 14, 16, 13, 10-
reads the paper as her mind breaks free,
she's supposed to be studying but how can she?
when all she can think about is loss and pain;
and all the things that screwed her over
again and again.

5, 11, 14, 16, 13, 10-
yet another day and she's stuck at the same place-
that she abandoned yesterday.
"how can I move on?", says her broken heart
"how can I destroy these things that I feel?", it cries
but, little does she know that everything heals.

5, 11, 14, 16, 13, 10-
today's the day all the reins are undone
and her thoughts are running wild,
so she grabs onto the pen to engrave all the feelings
that her heart is about to drown- onto paper,
and into the darkness that makes her who she is.
Didn't I say that I'll be back soon? Anyways....
I write poems extremely rarely so that was my attempt.
Tell me if you liked it! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment and leave a link to your website/blog! I will defnitely check it out ^-^