Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Glance Down The Memory Lane

Today I was re-visiting the book "Fangirl" (which is one of my faves) and suddenly it hit me that almost nothing is same anymore since the first time I read the book, yeah there are a few constants but other than that nada...my life now is completely different and I don't know if it's for the better or worse.


After a few fruitless moments of self pity, my mind moved on to an entirely different concept.
 What is it you ask? Well here you go....
I think that with every book we read for first time, every song we listen to for the first time and even every movie we watch we lock away certain memories with it and when we re-visit them a certain kick of nostalgia sets in and one realises how much they have changed. I think that this is a great way of knowing where you were before and where you are now and most importantly whether or not you are happy with where you are now. 

When I was reading today it's like my old memories were being dug up and I was knocking at them. It was almost like going through my own picture album made of all these exciting details and going through my thoughts when reading said book. Honestly, my thought process has changed so much since last I read the book that it felt faintly familiar yet very new to me. Every scene is different, every line has a new and improvised meaning to it, and the details...oh gods I missed soooo many details the first time it's crazy, but Levi is still the same ol' ray of sunshine and I think I love him more now :3.

I remember reading or listening to certain stuff and thinking, "How can this even be related to someone's life or experience, it's just too complicated." And most of them have come true in some way or the other. I mean, who am I kidding right?

The next time I wanna take a glance down the memory lane I know where I'll be going FOR SURE.

Do you guys have any special "rituals" that you do when you just wanna reflect on life?
Let me know in the comments.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment and leave a link to your website/blog! I will defnitely check it out ^-^